Opportunities for Graduates
Choosing a course of study at the McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University means that each student will have access to the very highest levels of placement resources and opportunities.
The McCormick Office of Career Development offers a variety of programs and services that provide career advice and integrated learning to all McCormick students. The office offers both students and employers a mutually beneficial means of connecting in the world beyond the classroom.
In addition, Northwestern’s proximity to the world-class city of Chicago enables our program to form partnerships with top corporations. Our partners include companies such as IBM, Teradata, and SAS, among others. Students choose internships at our partner companies, often forming relationships that will help them land their first job.
A Variety of Career Paths
The types of jobs available to graduates of the Master of Science in Analytics program include, among others:
- Lead analyst for a Fortune 500 firm
- Help top firms make insightful business decisions using sophisticated data analysis processes
- Statistical Modeling Analysts
- Construct and analyze predictive models, design validation procedures, and provide statistical analyses for corporate executives
- Digital Strategy Analysts
- Analyze web traffic data, e-mail contents, social media, SMS data, and other digital information to provide insights for corporate executives
- Communications and Media Analysts
- Analyze historical data, press data, and media data to inform marketing and communication executives about trends and yields of marketing channel
- Systems Engineers
- Architect state-of-the-art database systems for corporations of all sizes
- Build analytics solutions for outside clients; provide market analyses
- Build your own fortune from analytics; spawn further innovations